I am selling the rest of my shares due to poor consumer sales at Elisa.
Elisa has long been considered one of the most stable companies on the Helsinki Stock Exchange, even being described as a safe haven. However, has that quality stamp recently taken a small hit, and what kind of growth can be expected in the future? And how has Telia, which has underperformed for years, emerged as a real challenger to Elisa? We discussed this today in a video with @Joni_Gronqvist.
Topics:
00:00 Intro
00:22 Price competition in the market
04:00 Elisa’s growth has stalled
06:10 Data centers are not yet providing a boost for Elisa
07:55 More cautious view on Elisa’s stock
10:13 Telia emerging as a more stable and focused company
15:31 Telia’s valuation is still a sticking point
16:35 The number one in the telecommunications market
This is a broader price campaign currently underway for Moi customers:
Identical offers have therefore been sent to a large number of consumers.
I just did the exact same thing with Telia.
3-4 hours in customer service
3 days without internet
0 apologies
Blatant disrespect to my face.
They tried to push paid customer service on me because of their own screw-up.
After that 3-4 hour battle, I got a €3.57 refund for the lack of service.
I would gladly jump on this, but I haven’t received it myself, even though I am a Moi customer.
You can get it by calling customer service or sending a message in the chat. Apparently, you can also get the opening fee waived just by asking for it (over the phone). I didn’t see such an offer either, but you have nothing to lose by asking! The offer seems to be valid until July 21st, based on another forum I read.
Things like this probably belong in a different thread rather than the company-specific one, but since I can’t think of one right now and I don’t know how to reply to another thread on my phone, I’ll just post it here. I initiated a number transfer to MOI, and I actually got a much worse winback offer, and it’s only for 12 months ![]()
Here is such a recommendation and target price change from Kauppalehti’s breaking news. One can only guess the reasons, assuming, however, that the fiercest competition between operators is coming to an end and Elisa might already be able to enter into agreements at a better price around the turn of the year:
Goldman Sachs lowers Elisa’s target price to 38 euros from 50 euros and its recommendation from buy to hold.
It would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind the target price change. A target price of 50 euros sounded, to put it politely, challenging, but cutting the target price of a business like Elisa by a quarter all at once also sounds quite extraordinary.
However, today was a good day to buy back the shares I sold earlier.
Elisa expands its partnership with Google and builds connections to new data centers in Finland.
Elisa gets to benefit from the data center buzz as well.
From Nordnet’s news feed: JP Morgan lowers Elisa’s target price to 34 euros (35), reiterates underweight - BN
Also on Monday: Handelsbanken downgrades Elisa to sell (hold), target price 35.5 euros (38.5)
Here is Jani Järvinen’s 2-minute and 40-second overview of Elisa. ![]()
It still doesn’t look like the price competition has calmed down, MOI’s customers are getting offers like this straight in the mail.
Still going pretty cheap from an owner’s perspective, as a consumer I’m more than satisfied…
Has it arrived in the mail? Not for me, even though the kids have MOI (MOI / Mobile operators).
If only some operator would figure out a way to offer something good for long-term customers. In practice, the cheapest subscriptions require switching service providers every year or two. Such a hassle.
Today that arrived as regular mail… I don’t think I’m the only one, the interesting thing here is that I already have a number port to Elisa pending, and in the mailbox along with this was also a new SIM card in another envelope ![]()
Went through the operator bidding round again, exhausting. I didn’t get any offer as good as that from Elisa as a DNA customer, just 21€. I also sold off my shares in May. I also have in mind the initiative from a year ago where Elisa was looking for unpaid interns for demanding roles, and the fact that the authorities intervened in Elisa’s practice of raising fees in the middle of a fixed-term contract. The dividend is good, sure, but the stock price will probably drop even more once the dividend is detached.
Btw. I ordered a new monitor from Elisa, and the delivery time is about a month. I’m not going to cancel the order, so in that sense it’s not a big deal… But the order confirmation did have a rather peculiar condition: I can cancel the order, but the shipping costs billed at the time of the order will not be refunded.
I can’t think of any other major online stores that refuse to refund shipping costs for products whose delivery process hasn’t even started yet. Is that even legal?
Based on a quick check from the sidelines of the soccer field, the legality seems to be in a gray area - much like some of Elisa’s other recent actions… Chapter 6, Section 17, Paragraph 3 of the Consumer Protection Act reads as follows:
“The trader shall without undue delay, and no later than 14 days after receiving the notice of cancellation, refund all payments received from the consumer, except for any additional costs resulting from the consumer’s choice of a delivery method other than the least expensive standard delivery method offered by the trader. - - .”
So if you have chosen a delivery method other than the cheapest one, you may have to bear the loss of the extra costs - if any had time to incur. If not, the general rule of the seller’s full refund obligation would appear to apply, meaning that withholding the costs is illegal.
[quote="amoult, post:542, topic:8108"]
Kunhan joku operaattori vielä keksisi tarjota jotain hyvää pitkäaikaisille asiakkaille.
[/quote>
In the spring, Telia gave a one-year Wolt+ membership as a thank you for 10 years of customer loyalty.



