Volkswagen Group

I.D. 4 sales have started quite well

https://twitter.com/funwithnumberz/status/1382729644307320838

7 Likes

China is pulling ahead. UBS target price €300, Metzler €330.

3 Likes

Heh, you can invest in Volkswagen in several ways. Luckily, they mean the cheaper one of the shares.
VOW. DE (today around €296) and VOW3. DE (today around €245). Both have been rising well recently.
I haven’t thoroughly investigated the differences between these different series. If someone has, the people would gladly listen.
Edit: Added a space to the stock code to kill the hyperlink,

In short, the difference is that VOW shares have voting rights and VOW3 shares do not. VOW3 is a preferred share, which gives priority in dividends, etc. An average investor usually doesn’t need voting rights, so cheaper is cheaper, compare A and B series.

2 Likes

I was roughly at that level, but with codes like VOWG, VOW:GR, VLKAF… I can’t keep up with them. The main thing is that a VW is a good car, even though I’ve never owned one. I got my driver’s license in a Golf and had my first accident in a Jeans Beetle.

2 Likes

I test-drove the VW ID.4 and it’s easy to see why it sells so well. It’s excellent for its segment, especially since there’s a smaller range version available at a quite reasonable price. Spacious, large/tall, easy to drive, and exactly what many people are looking for.

I personally ended up getting a 2018 VW Passat GTE, with the thought that maybe it’s not quite time for a full EV yet, mainly because there’s no charging point in the yard (housing company). Getting my own device isn’t possible at the moment.

1 Like

You can also buy through Porsche Automobil Holding (PAH3), which owns 53.3% of Volkswagen’s VOW series. In addition, they invest in industry technologies, more details of which can be found here:

https://www.porsche-se.com/en/company/holding-structure

I personally bought through Porsche Holding because you get “a little extra” on top of the VW.

We’re in line, even though VOW experienced a hype moment a while ago

9 Likes

VW owns 89.72%.

3 Likes

This will likely spark discussion:
With the new ID.4 GTX, Volkswagen is showing the first sporty top-of-the-range electric model on April 28 at 5pm CEST

While waiting, maybe this from yesterday:

2 Likes

A fun trio. The Honda e is beautiful and cute, but the price and range are ridiculous. The Yaris, on the other hand…no comment. At least the Yaris won the COTY 2021 title. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The discussion at Dieselwagen headquarters went like this:

Fritz, we have a great problem. The main clock of the electric automobile doesn’t start without the damn transistor.

https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/VOLKSWAGEN-AG-436737/news/Volkswagen-nbsp-warns-of-worsening-output-hit-from-chip-shortage-FT-33061909/

2 Likes

https://insideevs.com/news/503384/porsche-plans-battery-plant-germany/

“Me too,” said Porsche when it founded a battery factory.

3 Likes

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/volkswagen-id4-gtx-world-premiere-7055
tai

The World Premiere of the ID.4 GTX will be broadcasted live on Wednesday, April 28th, from 05:00pm – 05:45 CEST (03:00pm GMT – 03:45pm GMT).

1 Like

Nothing mind-blowing, but certainly an electric car for the quality-conscious consumer. Waiting for the ID.5.

1 Like

Citygroup: Buy, target €300.

Yesterday’s close was €211.50, so according to Citi, there’s plenty of room for growth.

3 Likes

Could it be about that VOW ticker, which closed at 266.20?

3 Likes

Good point, I’ll have to try and check. I’ve always worked with VOW3 so I didn’t even think to question it. :+1:

Edit: It seems the target prices were given for VOW3 after all


3 Likes

Europe’s best-selling electric car in April is the ID.4

and Sweden’s best-selling car (electric, petrol, diesel, hybrid…)
https://www.di.se/live/volkswagens-el-suv-mest-salda-bilen-i-april-rusning-after-laddbart/

5 Likes

Target price rises and a record result is estimated, which is no surprise:
https://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/news/2b4c5907-894a-4042-999e-444b39ef07f3

4 Likes

If this were shared on the Tesla forum, there might be some chatter. In any case, Volkswagen has also recognized the aspirations towards autonomous vehicles.

4 Likes