
This AOT (book-entry account) is my smaller portfolio, but the returns on the OST (equity savings account) are in the same range, around 80% in 2025. Successes included:
- Sales of Rheinmetall with an average return of 250% (it was my largest position).
- Another recipe for success was silver miners, which yielded significant returns. I also topped up on them in the fall, so some have returned “only under” 100%.
- One success was also realizing to sell Intellego at 0% profit when skeletons started appearing in the closet. The position was up over 100% at one point. No capital was lost.
I took some losses too:
- Sold Novon at -45% because of a bad taste in my mouth.
- Selling Metso too early.
- Aerovironment -37%.
My portfolios probably have about 30 lines, and I have tried to diversify by sector, even though I have bought a lot of silver and gold companies.
I, and probably everyone else, am more interested in the future, and I have at least tried to do my best to prepare for it. That’s why the portfolio includes companies bought late in the year that haven’t yielded anything yet. These include:
- Cadeler, offshore wind power installer
- First Solar, solar power using silver-free technology
- Theon, night vision and thermal imaging equipment for military use
I like to go my own way in peculiar sectors and form my own opinions. So, I have a bit of a contrarian streak, even if it’s not a specific goal for me. It’s just satisfying to construct probable chains of events in my head, which, when they come true, provide greater pleasure than the returns themselves.
Happy New Year to the whole forum community!